I apologize for my absence, school is taking over my life. Thus here are some bullet point updates:
- My birthday was last weekend and I am now 26. Downhill slope to 30. Not sure how I feel about it.
- Side note- since my birthday is in November, I always feel like I get gypped (yes I just used that word, not sure on the spelling…) because technically starting in January, I’m in my “26’th year” so I feel like I’m always a year ahead and never get to enjoy my actual age. Does anyone else with later birthdays feel this way? No? I’m just weird? Ok.
- School is trudging along and I finally got everything arranged to graduate in December!!! So happy about this. School in the winter is miserable. So is winter in general, and I’m not looking forward to it.
- You may be wondering why I’m 26 and just now graduating… (slightly depressing I know) but I’ve worked 30+ hours the whole time, paid for everything myself with no help from my parentals, and am graduating debt-free so I feel pretty good about that.
- My class just started a mentoring program at a local juvenile school for teens for the next month and I loved it. The kids were so smart, nice, and funny and I was pleasantly surprised. It’s amazing what happens when kids are actually valued and given a voice.
- Things with Shy Guy are basically the same except we haven’t hung out for a month. It feels like such a roller coaster because when he doesn’t talk to me or the fact that we haven’t hung out, obviously makes it seem like he’s not interested. Yet, he still texts me, chats me, says he misses me (WTF do something about it then!), etc, etc. In his defense, it does sound like his work has been pretty crazy (he works nights and goes to school/sleeps in the day) and he’s been working overtime like it’s his job. Oh wait…
- It feels like if he’s not wanting to see me (or maybe he does but obviously isn’t making an effort to), then it should be attributed to that little phrase we all know and
hatelove “he’s just not that into you,” but I feel like something else is going on here. He’s either scared to commit, scared to get close, doesn’t know how to take it to the next level, or something. Maybe it’s me making an “exception to the rule” but why else would he still talk to me (besides to keep me around for his convenience)?
- I am a cougar. Every new guy that I meet or think is cute is like 20-23 and I’m ok with it for the most part. There is a current prospect (possibly two) that is 21 but we have yet to hang out. I once kissed (and only kissed) a 17 year old when I was 22… shhh don’t tell… BUT I was lied to because he said he was 18 and definitely did NOT look young (you can never tell with the island boys). But yeah, still get crap from my friends about that one.
- Last weekend we had a big get-together with my brother and his friends because one of the friends just had a baby. My brother’s friends are my age and two of them are twins. The twins and their family we always have called our cousins. Counting my brother, the cousins, and other friends, FIVE of them are married. I was in a sea of couples but it secretly made me want to find that one person even more. I’m so sick of the dating scene, bad boys, and not being a priority. Family and love is what it’s really all about.
- My dad has finally started dating again after 15 years. It’s kinda weird in the sense that now he’s talking about women and dates and such, but I’m so happy that he is and I think it’s so cute.
- The CMAs were fantastic and I love country music so much. I truly don’t understand how people can hate it.
- I’m already getting excited for the holidays (and yes I’m including black friday) and the break from work and school.
- I am now about off of work for the night so I’ll just end this mindless chatter now, but there’s a little update. Props to you if you made it through!